Aunt Janet made it...

Sunday, April 02, 2006

One down, one to go!

I have completed one of mom's retirement socks. Eeep - she retired March 31. I promise when the mate is finished I'll get a good outdoor shot that properly shows off the yarn and pattern. Got a couple more pics here... first up is a pic of my hand in the sock, trying like heck to catch a good angle so the cables show...

And I'm throwing in a pic of the short-row heel just because they sometimes get a bad rap, and I wanted to show that they can be neat & smooth:

5 Comments:

  • At 6:19 AM, April 05, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Found your blog via Sockknitters. Love it! Your socks are great, and all the other stuff is, too. My 8 year old and I love the kitty sweater. I'm going to add you to my Favorites.
    Happy knitting!

     
  • At 7:37 AM, April 05, 2006 , Blogger Janet said...

    Hi Amy! Kitty loved her sweater, too... until she outgrew it. =)

    I added you back to my list of favorite blogs. Glad you stopped by, and Happy Knitting to you, too!

     
  • At 4:27 PM, April 07, 2006 , Blogger shoeboots said...

    Ooh, pretty heel! I love that pattern. The socks look absolutely fantastic!

     
  • At 6:28 PM, April 14, 2006 , Blogger Katie said...

    Great job! The cabley detail is so cool...love the colors too. The short-row heel looks great!

     
  • At 6:46 AM, November 22, 2011 , Anonymous Andews Hayes said...

    Oh really? Do you have pictures of your mom's retirement socks? And did you throw a retirement party for your mom? =) I hope to see your mom's retirement photos, too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home