Aunt Janet made it...

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stash-Busting... again!

Yarn: Lily Sugar 'n Cream (100% cotton) "Pretty Pastels"
Needles: size 7 bamboo DPNs
Pattern: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MonthlyDishcloths/ (mid-month Sept)
Comments: Another dishcloth KAL. This came out large... 8"x10". Kinda neat the way the colors zig-zag across. If you zoom in on the pic you can see the leafy design better. And I am discovering that I really don't enjoy knitting with 100% cotton... at least not the cheap stuff.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:09 AM, September 22, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really like that dishcloth! Both the yarn and the design.

    I'm not a fan of 100% cotton, either. It kills my hands.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, September 22, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    how pretty! I have not done this yet but will do it for sure now that i have seen your picture......also I will have an idea if I am doing it right! Know that some have had trouble.....I really enjoy the monthly group, the patterns, and learn a lot from them.............

     
  • At 9:12 AM, September 22, 2006 , Blogger RC said...

    I used to have a lot of problems with the cotton too until I changed needles, from bamboo to my Knit Picks set. Now I can knit cotton ALL DAY! Just try different needles and see if it helps.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, September 22, 2006 , Blogger RC said...

    Oh and great dishcloth! So pretty in those colors!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, September 22, 2006 , Blogger Carol said...

    zowie! It's so bright, but I like it. I'm liking my dishcloths to be more and more colorful.

    I don't mind cotton - it's acrylic that eats up my hands.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, September 23, 2006 , Blogger kjsotr said...

    I like the way the colors fall. Very pretty! I plan to finish mine tonight.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home